Question

Mark for PO for Sales Order Type Quote

• 19 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a setting to allow Mark for PO when entering Sales Order Quotes?  The functionality is available for Sales Order types with automation behavior Sales Order but not with automation behavior Quote.

4 replies

Hello, standard functionality does not allow this.  However, you can update the lines once the Quote is copied to a Sales Order.  Another option is to set up a replenishment class with the source = Purchase to Order/Drop-Shipment in the item warehouse detail.  When the sales order is created, those lines will then automatically default to Mark for PO.

Userlevel 1
Badge

There must be a way, this seems like a pretty big swing and a miss. Why would I trust a sales order that has been converted from a quote if it cannot carry over the logic behind the default mark for? But I am experiencing the same thing. The quote will not allow me to even manually check box the Mark for Production. Which results in an incorrect Sales Order being entered. In our business the order entry team does not have the knowledge of whether an item needs to have a PO or Production Order placed for it. Those are built into the stock item when we set the part up. So when they use the quote to sales order conversation, all of those sales order must be combed over to see if a line item needs to have a PO placed or a production order created for it. 

Badge +1

There must be a way, this seems like a pretty big swing and a miss. Why would I trust a sales order that has been converted from a quote if it cannot carry over the logic behind the default mark for?

I think the reason it isn’t there on the quote is because typically the decision whether something is marked for PO or not is made within the replenishment/fulfillment features--not during quoting. (unless there is a large lead time)

Which is why the option is there to set a replenishment class to Mark for PO. For example, if a warehouse never stores an item for sale, it can be set to automatically Mark for PO the item for orders made in that Warehouse.

Userlevel 1
Badge

There must be a way, this seems like a pretty big swing and a miss. Why would I trust a sales order that has been converted from a quote if it cannot carry over the logic behind the default mark for?

I think the reason it isn’t there on the quote is because typically the decision whether something is marked for PO or not is made within the replenishment/fulfillment features--not during quoting. (unless there is a large lead time)

Which is why the option is there to set a replenishment class to Mark for PO. For example, if a warehouse never stores an item for sale, it can be set to automatically Mark for PO the item for orders made in that Warehouse.

Great perspective. I have never thought about it from that angle. The logic I have followed is that the stock item dictates the default mark for box. I hadn’t thought about it from the replenishment feature. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved