Managing the number of Inventory Items in Acumatica

• 24 September 2020
  • 3 replies

How does your organization manage the use of Inventory Items in Acumatica?  Has anyone run into the issue of reaching the maximum number of inventory Items, which is what I assume is a limit of 1,000,000 records?  Plus the export functionality from Acumatica to Excel could be restricted by Excel’s maximum row limit of 1,048,576 rows.  Does anyone have any experience with or comments on this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The maximum number of Inventory Items is defined by the Transaction Tiers. For recommendations, refer to the Acumatica Licensing Guide, System Recommendations and Constraints section. The latest Acumatica Licensing Guide can be found on the Acumatica Agreements and Guide page.

Please note that customers surpassing these recommended limits may experience suboptimal operating conditions and a corresponding degradation in performance, but the system will not prevent the limits from being surpassed and there will be no violation of the license agreement.

As for Excel import, it is highly recommended to import records by batches up to 1000 records and out of business hours. Otherwise, the system could run into serious performance issues and customer down situations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You can find brief description of licensed restriction and System constraint on our ‘Pricing FAQ’ page as well. Here is the link : 

https://portal.acumatica.com/acumatica-pricing/acumatica-pricing-faqs/

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

New thread and update related to this topic: 

It appears the guide has been updated this month and I do not see any reference to limits on Inventory Items anymore. I will be interested to learn the current policy on this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved