Solved

INVENTORY ADJUSTMENT ERROR ASKING FOR RECEIPT NBR

• 9 February 2022
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, i am trying to adjust in a part, which is not set as serial tracking..

when I adjust in as inventory count reason, it asked me for receipt nbr.. 

can someone shed some sort of light please?

Thank you 

Zoey

icon

Best answer by Hannah Barnes 14 June 2022, 22:54

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Zoey,

It looks like you’re using FIFO as your Inventory Valuation Method.  As you move product in and out of inventory, Acumatica needs to know the cost layer to which you want to add the item back into inventory.  This kind of adjustment requires you to select a PO Receipt Reference Number so that it can select the proper cost layer to which your cost and quantity adjustment should be applied.  The Adjustments screen is where Acumatica captures any landed cost adjustments, if you’re applying freight and duties to your inventory.  Returing product to inventory using this screen is the same principle.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you and Yes. we are using FIFO… so say for periodic inventory count.. if we happen to find or missing say 100 QTY( say purchased part), we will have to input a PO receiving ID? 

so the screen shot i have above and below where it says 5 unit cost is landing cost only? 

thank you so much for your time Zoey

Userlevel 1
Badge

i made another inventory adjustment, this part is an FG ( no bom yet).. and it allows me to proceed and posted it. the posting amount is $400 as the inventory adjustment should be.

so i am trying to figure out why the system allows FG to be adjusted in but not a purchase part..

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @zoeymuff did you ever reach a resolution for this one? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett 

thank you for following up on this.

no yet, and i kind of giving it up

Z

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

One workaround I have suggested to users is to create a Purchase Order for the quantity you need to receipt, but for $0.00.  Then create the Purchase Receipt from there and do an Adjustment to add the Cost.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I reccommended my Client to do a PO Receipt due to FIFO, and going forward use that PO Receipt for the next adjumesment if needed. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Terminology confused me a bit reading this.

To clarify - Inventory Adjustments for FIFO based items do not require a “PO Receipt Nbr” - they require an “Inventory Receipt Nbr”.

So, a PO and PO Receipt is not needed - a simple inventory receipt would suffice. Correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hola @clancour

For FIFO inventory transactions, you need a Purchase Receipt Number, everytime that you do an Inventory Adjusment, as the system needs to recognize what layer of cost is used for the transaction. That means that the first transction of a Stock Item in Acumatica for FIFO should always be a Purchase receipt, as you need it going forward for adjusments. 

I hope I clarify this for you. Below is a adjusment screen, my customer is using FIFO, so if they need to do an adjusment and they have never inputed the stock item in the system, they need to create or increase the stock by using a Purchase Recipt first, and then you when you do adjuements use that PO reciept. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

All inventory receipts associated to a fifo stock item have a cost layer associated with them - whether they are associated to a po receipt or not.

Create an inventory receipt… it’s selectable in that box.

@martingaxiola Are you implying that this is not the case?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hola @clancour,

the subject of this topic is "INVENTORY ADJUSTMENT ERROR ASKING FOR RECEIPT NBR”, you cant do any adjusments on a FIFO inventory setting in Acumatica without any Purchse Order receipt previosly release for said stock item that you are doing the adjusment. 

It would be good that you have a test enviroment that you can do some testing about this. In my situation, my client found some items, and they wanted to do an adjument, but because the stock items were never inputed on the System, my advise to them was to create Receipt transaction to recored the initial cost layer of the stock item. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s asking for an Inventory Receipt Nbr, not a PO Receipt Nbr. They are two separate things. PO Receipts generate an Inventory Receipt. Inventory Receipts do not require a PO Receipt. Acumatica users do not need to recreate a PO Receipt - they just need an Inventory Receipt. 

I just want to clarify to readers of this thread that the customer does not need to create a PO and Purchase Receipt to to generate the Inventory Receipt. Just create an Inventory Receipt via the Inventory Module.

Inventory Adjustment grid - please note the data class is INTran, not POReceipt.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hola @clancour,

Great point. Thank you so much for clarifying. It is an important distinction, and I am sorry I made it confusing. I will make sure to keep this distinction going forward. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Zoey,

It looks like you’re using FIFO as your Inventory Valuation Method.  As you move product in and out of inventory, Acumatica needs to know the cost layer to which you want to add the item back into inventory.  This kind of adjustment requires you to select a PO Receipt Reference Number so that it can select the proper cost layer to which your cost and quantity adjustment should be applied.  The Adjustments screen is where Acumatica captures any landed cost adjustments, if you’re applying freight and duties to your inventory.  Returing product to inventory using this screen is the same principle.

Hope this helps.

You are correct, we just had a client that had the same issue. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I am new to Acumatica and I am facing this same issue when integrating with service using the web service endpoints, for the Inventory Adjustment.

So, a service that should call this api end point only has the inventory id and how much qty with a reason code, and no other data.

So when looking at how Acumatica does the process of inventory Adjustments, I was confused with the ReceiptNbr.

When testing the service on my local instance using Postman:

this request works but I don’t know how can I find this value when sending the put request.

How will my api call determine which ReceiptNbr to use for a specific InventoryID, cause if I don’t put this I get an error:

error I am getting when not putting the receiptNbr in my put end-point

So, I would love if someone already faced this issue and can tell me what solution they implemented.

Or is there something I am missing so I don’t have to put ReceiptNbr in the request, and how Acumatica can figure it out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jdeol - I think you should create a new thread for your question.  If you’re not adjusting a specific receipt then I would leave that field out of your payload.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi All-

We are having the same issue and do not believe this thread has addressed it.

You cannot create an inventory receipt for a negative quantity. Therefore, if you need to adjust inventory quantity down, and do not have an inventory receipt, there is no path forward. 

An example of needing to do this would be if an item was over-counted on a PI count. 

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions

TY!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @xkylewrightx ,

In my case as the adjustment depended on another service, and decided to do an issue and receipt(whether + or - for the inventory) accordingly with new set of reason codes that the service would use.

You can also take a look at me asking similar question at

Hope this helps,

Jdeol

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved