Solved

Importing Sales Order and Customer numbers.

• 11 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I have a question is there a way when importing open sales orders into Acumatica there is a formula that can pull in the customer number in the system without having to add it to the spreadsheet that is being imported?

Second is there a way to automate files to be uploaded into the Data Provider from a workstation to Acumatica? Let me know.

Thanks,

Frances Pantelidakis

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 13 July 2022, 18:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@FrancesPantelidakis24 

I am not following you on what you mean by customer numbers? Also wonder which direction this value should go, from Acumatica to outside or outside to Acumatica? I am asking as you are importing data

On second one, you can take the benefit of File Synchronization and setup import file synchronization for the given data provider attached file.

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=8af2b749-8998-4da9-8b4a-50904ca7c2c0

Badge +18

Hello, Your source file must identify the customer in some way, but it doesn’t have to be the customer id number. You can use customer name, address line1, perhaps tax id number.  This list is from Import Scenarios, Field/Action name, search for customer:

Unless all orders in the file are for the same customer. If all orders are for the same customer then you can hard-code the value like =’Customer123’ in your import scenario.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved