Solved

How to bypass lot/serial in Receipt?

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

How do I bypass the Lot/Serial# and Expiry Date in Receipt and what settings in Lot/Serial Number (Preferences) do I configure?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 2 December 2022, 03:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @acumaticapm182 ,

Depending on your requirements for lot/serial numbers there are a couple of options you could test.

1. If you require the item to be assigned a Lot/Serial Nbr. and Expiration Date upon receipt of the item, it is required to enter the Lot/Serial Nbr. and Expiration Date on Receipt. An example of a Lot/Serial Class with these settings is shown below:
  1. If you require the item to be assigned a Lot/Serial Nbr. and Expiration Date but do not want to assign the Lot/Serial Nbr. and Expiration Date upon receipt, you can set up the Lot/Serial Class with the Assignment Method: When Used. This setting will only require entry of the Lot/Serial Nbr. and Expiration Date when the item is issued. Please note that this option will not allow you to choose the Issue Method ‘By Expiration Date’ however, since that info will not be stored in the system until the item is issued. An example of a Lot/Serial Class with these settings is shown below:
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Hannah Barnes 

We are going to Go-Live and the client wants to import all their balance of stock items without Lot/Serial and Expiry Date because in the Acumatica system this two fields requiring this in Receipt module. Is it possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Hannah Barnes 

We are going to Go-Live and the client wants to import all their balance of stock items without Lot/Serial and Expiry Date because in the Acumatica system this two fields requiring this in Receipt module. Is it possible?

Hello! 

This approach is not currently possible when the stock item has a lot/serial class with the Assignment Method of “When Received”.  The assignment method is enforced system wide.  I recommend the client do a full physical inventory before go-live to gather all required details for lot/serial numbers.  If lot/serial numbers are not required for inventory tracking I recommend using the “When Issued” assignment method which will let Serial/Lot numbers be issued when the item is issued (shipped/adjustment etc)

There is also a feature suggestion that might help with this solution and allow for more granular control at go-live without loading serial numbers. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved