Solved

Customer ships to multiple locations with same carrier but multiple accounts

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have multiple locations that we ship to for one customer, and this customer has three different UPS collect account numbers.  How do we set that up in Acumatica so it works with EasyPost?

Thanks,

Frances Pantelidakis

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 19 May 2022, 23:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@FrancesPantelidakis24 

You can set different Carriers  Accounts for the customer Locations Under Carriers (ScreenId=CS207700) Customer Accounts. When Ship select use customer account option and system should select corresponding account based in the Customer Location on the Shipment.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great thank you. I still need more guidance. For this particular they have three customer locations under one customer. We are having issues setting up a UPS collect carrier account for each location. See screenshot 1:

Here is the issue the system will not allow us to setup multiple accounts for this under Carrier Accounts for this customer. Refer to screenshot 2:

Would we need to setup a parent/child relationship for this? I look into and I don’t know if that would be an option. Any insight would be great.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@FrancesPantelidakis24 As I mentioned this should be done on Carriers Screen where you have the option to select the customer Location.

This option is not available on the customer screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Sam,

I did not seem to sound redundant but it worked. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Frances 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@FrancesPantelidakis24 you can add to the Location ID column to the customer profile>shipping tab through a customization package, it’s a fairly simple customization. We did this because we did not want salespeople in the carrier account settings. I’m sure your VAR could do this rather quickly.

That being said, it would make sense to be able to add carrier, carrier account, location ID both on the customer profile AND in the location settings.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@hkabiri @FrancesPantelidakis24 

Please give my idea an upvote to expand the customer carrier account maintenance to the proper workflow locations.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved