Solved

Barcode and Global Cross-Reference Not Always Working

• 16 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

When I add a Barcode or Global record to the CROSS-REFERENCE tab on the Stock Items (IN202500) screen like this:

I can then enter an entire Barcode or Global value in the Inventory ID field on the Purchase Receipts (PO302000) screen. When tabbing out of the Inventory ID field, Acumatica correctly finds the Item and converts the value to the Inventory ID value in Acumatica.

However, when entering an entire Barcode or Global value in the Inventory ID field on the Issues (IN302000) screen, Acumatica is not as “smart” in that it doesn’t find the Item.

It would be really nice to have this working on the Issues (IN302000) screen so it can be used for issuing materials to Projects.

Are there any plans to get this working on the Issues (IN302000) screen?

icon

Best answer by mvolshteyn 19 October 2020, 09:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@timrodman , what about Scan and Issue screen (IN302020)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

That would probably work, but this particular environment isn’t licensed for Warehouse Management. The customer thinks it’s strange that it works in some screens but not others (and I agree with them).

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@timrodman , Purchase Receipts screen supports entering barcode because it is designed to serve a business process necessitating scanning, Unlike it, the Issues screen is not primarily supposed to support such process. It is primarily designed for support of ‘manual’ inventory issues (correction on back office level) and helping to release documents originating from other modules in case of issues. 

Of course, there can be other usages of the IN302000 as described by you, but the newly designed IN302020 screen can be used for this

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved