Solved

Adjusting Unit Price on Sales Order after Shipping but before Invoicing

• 17 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

We are the option of adjusting the Unit Price for a Sales Order after a Shipment was created and/or completed. In Sales Order status language in the Status of Shipping/Back Order/Complete.

The Invoice won’t be created yet. And the goal is to have the Order and Invoice match up in case of Error on original Price Entry and it going through Approval without being caught.

I tried Workflow Adjustments and Graph Extension on the SOOrderEntry Graph but wasn’t able to Enable the Unit Price field. I tried both Cury Unit Price and Unit Price.

Any ideas on how to achieve this or is this something that Acumatica just doesn’t allow due to being too risky/invasive?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 18 April 2023, 06:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @krausef77  It is possible, I just created a new customization package and attached here.

Also, please find the screenshots for reference.

When Sales Order is created - Unit Price is 500

After Shipment is confirmed, I changed Unit Price to 888

After Preparing the Invoice, the Unit Price carried from Sales Order to Invoice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @krausef77  It is possible, I just created a new customization package and attached here.

Also, please find the screenshots for reference.

When Sales Order is created - Unit Price is 500

After Shipment is confirmed, I changed Unit Price to 888

After Preparing the Invoice, the Unit Price carried from Sales Order to Invoice.

Thank you so much! I had a condition in my Graph Extension that was relying on the Status rather than just utilizing the combo of Graph Extension and Workflow Engine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Awesome :)  

I’m glad that I helped you with this :) @krausef77 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen Boga  Hi Naveen, is this customization usable to all?  I tried publishing in my demo instance and it failed, maybe it’s just meant for training/teaching?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dgross  The above issue is related to namespace, where the created DAC is not able to access.

Please add right namespace to fix this issue.

OR

If you can share this package, I can fix this and share it with you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen Boga OK, here it is...thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dgross  I’m able to publish the package successfully.

And UNIT PRICE field is gets enabled even for the COMPLETED status. Please find the screenshots for reference.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved