Solved

GI showing sent emails with number of attachments

• 12 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

I want to create a GI that shows all set emails along with a column for the number of attachments. It’s looking like I need to join the email table to NoteDoc, but it doesn’t look like this is just a PK relationship. Can anyone guide me on how to set up that join or redirect me to the correct kind of join?

Once joined, I think I can just do a count on NoteDoc to find the tally. Is that correct?

icon

Best answer by joshatsbp 30 November 2023, 01:26

View original

6 replies

Badge +12

My minimal investigation suggests NoteDoc.NoteID = SMEmail.RefNoteID

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @darylbowman . It doesn’t look like joining to NoteDoc is the right path. Files are stored in UploadFile it seems. Inspection of files attached to an email lead me to CREmailActivityMaint (not a DB table). I’m struggling to figure out how to join emails to files. Any other thoughts. 

Btw, I also tried CRActivity, but that doesn’t seem to be the path either. 

Badge +12

No, I think you’re right.

SMEmail.RefNoteID = NoteDoc.NoteID

NoteDoc.FileID = UploadFile.FileID  

You’re right that NoteDoc is not where the files are stored, but I believe Count(NoteDoc.FileID) would correctly return the number of files.

The element inspector thingy doesn’t really work on the Files dialog.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @darylbowman . Unfortunately, that didn’t do it either. I’m seeing 0’s and 2’s where there should be 1’s. I found another way to solve my immediate problem. I’d still be interested in knowing how to do this, though, if you or anyone else has a solution. My GI is attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @joshatsbp were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Chris Hackett . I solved the problem that required this GI but in a different fashion. Unfortunately, none of the solutions here panned out.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved