Solved

Template message content applied to email reply goes to the bottom

Userlevel 1

We are using an email template to reply to emails.

In Support>Cases we locate the Case ID, go to Activities, open the email, click on REPLY ALL, SELECT TEMPLATE, Choose the template we want and click SELECT. 

The email template content is at the bottom of the email we are replying to instead of the top. 

Since upgrading to 2022 R2 there is a new option to Replace Email Contents when you apply the Template.  That wipes out the entire email which we do not want to do.

What we end up doing, is copying and cutting from the bottom of the email and pasting to the top.

I’ve reviewed settings for the Email Templates and don’t see anything new. 

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Jin Kim 25 July 2023, 20:44

View original

17 replies

Hi @lvogel, I am having the same issue and was wondering if you found a solution to it yet? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Greetings folks.  We identified this bug from 2022R2 and was fixed in 2023R1.  

Acumatica 2023 R1 Downloads and Release Notes | Community

Cheers,

Jin

Hello Jin,

Thanks for this information. We have just upgraded to 2023 R1 (Build 23.107.0022) and discovered this bug. Is there a fix for us without having to move up to 2023 R2? We are just getting settled into R1.

Thanks so much.

John Toney

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Jin,

Thanks for this information. We have just upgraded to 2023 R1 (Build 23.107.0022) and discovered this bug. Is there a fix for us without having to move up to 2023 R2? We are just getting settled into R1.

Thanks so much.

John Toney

Hi @jtt John,

Can you create a support case for this particular bug?  Once it is escalated to my CRM team, I can have my team resolve this for you. 

Cheers,

Jin

Userlevel 3

This was said it was fixed to be fixed in 23R1, but I’m not seeing which version it was fixed in? As it was also not fixed in 23.105.0016 

Did make the case already as mentioned in the previous comment. 

Hello, 

We are experiencing the same thing and have upgraded to version 2023 R1 23.110.0025. 

Was the bug not fixed? I cannot see where the bug was identified as fixed in the above documentation provided. I went through the whole document and could not find where the bug fix was referenced. 

Userlevel 3

It hasn't actually been fixed in any version. They've made it a higher priority, but no fix as of yet. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have just upgraded to 23.110.0025 from 22R1, please let us know when will have this bug fixed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Jin Kim We have also noticed that there is change when creating email activity from case. In previous version, the default subject line would be "[Case #((Case.CaseCD))]  (Case.Subject), now is “Summary:1”.

Looks like there is no default template associate with case email anymore, what is the reason behind this and is there a fix?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi folks,

It seems some of you are experiencing this issue despite our fix.  If you are, please reach out to me at jin.kim@acumatica.com.  In your email, please reference this post and your community username.  Thank you!

Cheers,

Jin

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jin Kim 
Are you referring to the following fix?

AC-249772: When a user created a new email from the Case (CR306000) form using a template, the system inserted nothing into the email. If the user selected a template using the Select Template command on the Email Activity (CR306015) form and selected the Replace Email Contents checkbox for the template, the system did not update the email message using the selected template and removed values in the To and Subject boxes in the Summary area.

If so - that is not the issue this was originally referring to.

In Support>Cases we locate the Case ID, go to Activities, open the email, click on REPLY ALL, SELECT TEMPLATE, Choose the template we want and click SELECT. 

The email template content is at the bottom of the email we are replying to instead of the top. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@clancour - I am not referring to this fix.  A few releases ago, we fixed the issue of the email template contents appearing at the bottom.  I can’t seem to find the appropriate JIRA item attached to this issue.  Let me do some more digging and I will follow up. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Jin Kim Thx for the reply. We are seeing this in 23.111.0019

-Chad

Userlevel 2
Badge

@clancour  so you are also seeing that email templates contents appearing at the bottom in 23.111.0019?  we are having this issue in 23.110.0025

Userlevel 3
Badge

@woodyg84 

Yes, behaving the same in 23.111.0019

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are also seeing this issue in 23.113.0042

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just received an update from Acumatica support that this issue most likely will be fixed in 24 R2. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved