Solved

Subcontract : There are no lines in this document that may be entered in AP Bill Document directly

• 26 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Getting this error trying to ENTER AP BILL from the Subcontract.

There is no inventory item on the line - so no receipt needed.

Line item - closed unchecked

Unbilled quantity and amount = total amount on Subcontract.

Close PO Line = By Amount

As a work around, we are able to create a new bill and then add the subcontract from the bill.

Any ideas on the cause of this error?  Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Debbie Reed CLA 26 January 2023, 23:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Debbie Reed CLA  Hi!  Thanks for the question.  My first thought is what are the Items you are using on the Subcontract?  Stock or Non-Stock.  If Non-Stock do they have require receipt checked?   I have not seen this on a subcontract before, but that is why you get this message on a PO.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey !  Thanks for your quick response.  There is no item on the subcontract, so there should be no need for receipt.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Debbie Reed CLA  Sorry missed that comment the first time about no Item.  I just tested and was able without an Item to enter AP Bill.  Looks like you would need to enter a case so we can troubleshoot this issue.  Is the Trace the same error?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey  - thank you.  The client has now used the work around - create the bill, then pull in the subcontract.  So, the error isn’t available any longer.  If it occurs again, I’ll create a case.  Thanks again!  (See you at Summit!)

I am having the same issue… but Items are Non Stock and they do NOT have Process via Receipt checked. Vendor has the allow AP bill before receipt checked. Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ahillyer32   you are getting the same error error message with non-stock item? Are you able to get through the error if you uncheck the Allow AP Bill before receipt?  I think you should enter a case so we can look at data.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved