Skip to main content
Solved

Subcontract : There are no lines in this document that may be entered in AP Bill Document directly

• 26 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Getting this error trying to ENTER AP BILL from the Subcontract.

There is no inventory item on the line - so no receipt needed.

Line item - closed unchecked

Unbilled quantity and amount = total amount on Subcontract.

Close PO Line = By Amount

As a work around, we are able to create a new bill and then add the subcontract from the bill.

Any ideas on the cause of this error?  Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Debbie Reed CLA  Hi!  Thanks for the question.  My first thought is what are the Items you are using on the Subcontract?  Stock or Non-Stock.  If Non-Stock do they have require receipt checked?   I have not seen this on a subcontract before, but that is why you get this message on a PO.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Heidi Dempsey !  Thanks for your quick response.  There is no item on the subcontract, so there should be no need for receipt.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Debbie Reed CLA  Sorry missed that comment the first time about no Item.  I just tested and was able without an Item to enter AP Bill.  Looks like you would need to enter a case so we can troubleshoot this issue.  Is the Trace the same error?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey  - thank you.  The client has now used the work around - create the bill, then pull in the subcontract.  So, the error isn’t available any longer.  If it occurs again, I’ll create a case.  Thanks again!  (See you at Summit!)

I am having the same issue… but Items are Non Stock and they do NOT have Process via Receipt checked. Vendor has the allow AP bill before receipt checked. Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ahillyer32   you are getting the same error error message with non-stock item? Are you able to get through the error if you uncheck the Allow AP Bill before receipt?  I think you should enter a case so we can look at data.