Solved

How to change grid rows height dynamically based on anount of data in a test field

• 2 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have a grid that has a multiline text field (max 500 char) in it. The text could be very short that fits in one line or lengthy that needs to be broken down to multiple lines when displayed. I was wondering is the any way in Acumatica to dynamically change each line of grid height depending on the number of lines needed to show the full text?

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 3 January 2022, 11:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @aaghaei  I don’t think we can adjust the controls height & width dynamically.

I think we can provide the some height and provide a Tool Tip to see the text. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @Naveen B, Thanks for the clarification.

1. If i want to to se a fixed increased height for all rows I assume I should do it through Grid/Layout/RowHight. Correct?
  2. Can you please advise how I can activate tooltip on the long text field of my grid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @aaghaei  Please find the details below.

• If i want to to se a fixed increased height for all rows I assume I should do it through Grid/Layout/RowHight. Correct? [Yes]
  • Can you please advise how I can activate tooltip on the long text field of my grid? - No need to add any extra properties, if the text size is more than the control size, automatically Acumatica will display the Tool Tip as below.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Naveen B much appreciated. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

UPDATE:

@Naveen B @Chris Hackett I was paying around with this and figured out if the we set the

<Layout WrapText="True" />

for the grid, it will mage to change the row heights automatically with no sweat involved. The only downside is not possible to define which fields should be wrapped which one not but for my purpose as rest of the fields values are pretty short, doesn’t cause problem. See the below snip how it works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@aaghaei  This is awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved