Solved

Defererrd Revenue Projects Allocation Rule

• 18 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I have a client that records their revenue to a deferred revenue account right away. I was able to create an allocation rule that works. However, the client uses several revenue accounts that might be different for each project. I tried setting up all the accounts in one allocation rule. However, when I run the allocation, only one revenue account needs to be allocated but the allocation rule duplicates the allocation for the other G/L accounts and I don’t want that to happen. When the allocation is run it’s supposed to debit the deferred account and credit the revenue account setup under the Defaults section within the project. It does this but duplicates the same amount to each other revenue account. 

Here is my allocation rule. The calculation rules and allocation settings are the same for each line item. The only difference is the revenue accounts.  Will I have to create a separate allocation rule for each revenue account? All the revenue accounts are in the same account group and there is a account group for the deferred account. Let me know or what is the proper way to setup one allocation rule. Any help would be great. 

Thanks,

Frances 

Revenue account that is for the project:

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 February 2023, 03:05

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @FrancesPantelidakis24 ,

Does every step of your allocation rule list DEFREVENUE account group as ‘Account Group From’ on the Calculation Rules tab?

If so, the same account group is being allocated multiple times and that is what is causing the duplication.

Consider assigning different account groups to each revenue account, in a one-to-one relationship. Then list each separate account group on only one line of your allocation, with the matching revenue account on the Allocation setting tab.

Having one account group for each of your 5 revenue accounts should achieve your goal of having only one allocation method needed. Good luck 👍.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@laurabarber08 

Thanks. Let me try this. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved