Skip to main content
Solved

Child Grid is not refereshed when paren grid selected record changes

• 9 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I have added a Parent/Child screen that both parent and child are Grid. When I select the Parent Grid row and insert rows to the child grid are parent/child fields are filled and saved in the child grid properly. However, when I switch from one row to another row in the parent grid, the child grid values are not refereshed. In both parent and child grid, SyncPosition=”True” and Navigate CommitChanges="True" are set to true. Even on the parent grid row selected events, I have add an event handler to referesh the child grid view using command “ApprovalRouteDefaultsView.View.RequestRefresh();” to refresh the Child Grid view but not sure what I missing that it doesnt work. When on the parent child grid I click on the “Refresh” button, it shows the correct data.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @aaghaei  Below article written by Sergey and expalined about Parent and Child grid relationship.

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2019/04/grids-master-detail-relationship.html

Hope you followed all the steps provided in the above article, if still, you are getting any issues, please let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @Naveen B, I had done all correct. Just needed to add the below to my parent grid. All fixed now.

<AutoCallBack Command="Refresh" Target="ApprovalRouteDefaultsGrid" ActiveBehavior="True">
<Behavior RepaintControlsIDs="ApprovalRouteDefaultsGrid" BlockPage="True" CommitChanges="False" ></Behavior>
</AutoCallBack>

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@aaghaei  Great :) Thanks for sharing the update.