Question

Add more "aging periods/days" columns

• 30 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner in Acumatica. Currently I'm having the problem of adding 2 new cycles a setting. After adding , I was not able to customize the code to resemble the formats of the original cycles according to the installation structure. The above 2 cycles I customize on the UI, below the code to customize according to the DOM event handlers, I don't know how to customize it accordingly according to the original structure of the previous cycles

Supposing I would like to show columns like
​​​​​
1-30 days, 31-60days, 61-90 days,  91--120days, 121--150days, over 150 days
       is it possible to do it?

Can anyone direct me or have something they used for this scenario.

Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TungTran

It is possible to do but you will need to customize your DAC attributes to display periods properly but you will need to understand just simply adding a few aging brackets will not help without a vast change to the subsequent reports and inquiries.

From what I see it appears you have quit a long collection period. Why don’t you divide your periods by 45 days? Or just design an inquiry with your desired brackets instead of undertaking a vast subsequent modification that wont benefit from Acumatica’s future enhancements to them?

if you still want to proceed with your approach then I suggest starting the developer learning path on https://openuni.acumatica.com because not only you will need to understand coding customization but also inquiries and report designers too considering all the subsequent changes you will need to make.

@TungTran

It is possible to do but you will need to customize your DAC attributes to display periods properly but you will need to understand just simply adding a few aging brackets will not help without a vast change to the subsequent reports and inquiries.

From what I see it appears you have quit a long collection period. Why don’t you divide your periods by 45 days? Or just design an inquiry with your desired brackets instead of undertaking a vast subsequent modification that wont benefit from Acumatica’s future enhancements to them?

if you still want to proceed with your approach then I suggest starting the developer learning path on https://openuni.acumatica.com because not only you will need to understand coding customization but also inquiries and report designers too considering all the subsequent changes you will need to make.

Hi, aaghae

With the current requirement  that I have, it is not broken down to 45 days, but requires 2 more cycles with a larger time, maybe up to 1 year. I have asked through the requirements department but this is necessary for them. Just like you said, with the simple ones  it's not exactly the problem I'm asking for., not benefiting from Acumatica's side enhancements.

Do you have any solution that can help me in-depth intervention to solve the above problem. Currently, I am learning about Aumatica's support courses but have not found a solution to interfere deeply in the system below to change some related code logic structures...  to suit the original format. .

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TungTran I do not have any case specific to your requirement but I can say for sure the Developer path on Acumatica University definitely provides in-depth customization training.

if you copy your C# DAC/BLC Ext and the override for Over field here, I can have a look when I wake up or maybe others in daytime can help you.

@TungTran I do not have any case specific to your requirement but I can say for sure the Developer path on Acumatica University definitely provides in-depth customization training.

if you copy your C# DAC/BLC Ext and the override for Over field here, I can have a look when I wake up or maybe others in daytime can help you.

I thank you for your comments. I will learn more

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@TungTran  make sure to reach out to your partner for any customization you may need.

@TungTran  make sure to reach out to your partner for any customization you may need.

Yes. Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved