Who else is ready to give up?

• 14 July 2023
  • 4 replies

This is my least preferred method of communicating but Acumatica’s support team has time and time again shown that they will listen to our valid concerns and then take absolutely no action. We are in year 3 of a nightmare implementation. Our reseller completely botched discovery and sold us an initial product that did not meet our needs. We have since added modules and customized and are now stuck in July with no financials for calendar year 2022. Our reseller has failed and despite recent positive efforts from a new analyst we seem to be nowhere closer….We don’t even have a functioning CRM module, nor do our executives have dashboards and KPI reports. 

The most communication we get from Acumatica is about paying for the license. We estimate to have lost 100k+ in unbillable work orders due to a poor migration and lack of transparent processes. 

Does anyone have a line to someone that cares? We are too committed to start over, not to mention I will have a staff mutiny on my hands if we abandon ship…

Please help!

James Wheeler

Municipal Maintenance Equipment Inc.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi James, I fairly recently joined Acumatica to run Customer Success.  I am sorry for the experience you have gone through. I will get your contact details from our CRM and call you and email you just after responding here. In reviewing your history, the Acumatica records do show extensive due diligence internally and I apologize on behalf of Acumatica if we have not done a good job at keeping you abreast of our investigations and findings.

Thank you,

Best,

Jean-Paul Gomes de Laroche

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi James,

I feel your pain.  Do not give up on Acumatica.  We have been on it for 3 years now and are still having pain points.  The majority of pain points we have had have been resolved by our VAR.  The ones they have not solved are due to deficiencies in the software that they did not know about at the time, and Acumatica has been made aware of most of them.  Many of the issues we have are on the roadmap to be fixed, but it is frustrating on how slow they do get fixed.  I believe that this is still one of the best ERP’s out there because of the adaptability, but it requires significant customization to get it to work unless you are simple organization.  A good VAR makes all the difference.

Andrew

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi James,

I feel your pain.  Do not give up on Acumatica.  We have been on it for 3 years now and are still having pain points.  The majority of pain points we have had have been resolved by our VAR.  The ones they have not solved are due to deficiencies in the software that they did not know about at the time, and Acumatica has been made aware of most of them.  Many of the issues we have are on the roadmap to be fixed, but it is frustrating on how slow they do get fixed.  I believe that this is still one of the best ERP’s out there because of the adaptability, but it requires significant customization to get it to work unless you are simple organization.  A good VAR makes all the difference.

Andrew

I definitely agree with the sentiment.  Our var helped us get up and running, and then my sys admin and I worked to design and build enhancements specific to our business needs.  The platform is quite robust, and we have enjoyed an increasingly tailored experience since 2018 (when I started my journey into C# and developing on Acumatica).  It wasn’t easy to get started, but doing the development in-house provided us a way to eliminate a lot of red tape and “lost in translation” type issues.  The platform regularly receives impressive enhancements (i.e. the new workflow engine) that we can apply to our customizations or leverage directly out of the box (i.e. side-panels).

My advice - Don’t give up!  We tried SAP and Oracle and looked very closely at Syteline.  In the end, none of them could do what we needed even after very expensive attempts into SAP and Oracle and even the most direct “upgrade” path from Symix to Syteline proved less valuable than venturing into the toolsets in Acumatica.  Document the gaps and prioritize them.  Don’t aim for “perfect” to get out of the gate but rather “must have” vs. “like to have” so that you can build out the “must haves” with a vision of where those tools need to be able to go when you can get back around to the “like to haves”.  And if your VAR isn’t cutting it, maybe it is time to find another one that is more suited to your needs.  Acumatica Summit is coming up in a few months, so I’d highly recommend attending with the goal of networking and learning more about your options.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Have you been able to work out your issues yet? We are in the process of converting over from Macola 10/Synergy to Acumatica and our VAR has been extremely helpful in the conversion process.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved