Solved

Product Visibility

• 13 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All,

Is there way to implement product visibility for a particular company. I have 3 companies which share 600 products. I am creating a 4th company which will only have 5 products. I don’t want first 3 companies to see those 5 products. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 July 2022, 20:33

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Yes, you can use restriction groups (row level security) to link company/branch and inventory items.

Userlevel 2

You might consider creating a restriction group for those items and have the restriction set for only the 4th company to see those items.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can you please elaborate? @laura01 @rena98 

how to create the restricted company?

Userlevel 2

Sure, here is a link to using restriction groups in inventory:  https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(5))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=09c9c94d-1707-4e55-bb2c-29343e18864f

This article refers to employees, but I’m sure you could modify it to be restricted by company/branch.

I hope this helps!

Rena

Badge +18

Hello @rena98,

First Row-Level security must be on in test tenant.

Second you must be an administrator or have rights to the Row-level security screens in test tenant.

Third you use Help to learn about different kinds of restriction groups to make sure you set this up properly, otherwise the wrong items could be hidden from the wrong people.

Fourth connect Items to your restriction group.

Fifth connect Branches to your Restriction group

Then test your restriction group. Sign in as a variety of people and companies to verify your work.

Then repeat all of the above in your live environment.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@atuljainajm@rena98@laura01 

Has anyone successfully done this on the Branch/Company level? Every time I try to use row level security it always circles back to the user setup. All of our users have access to all companies so it won’t work on a user level and must be setup on the Company level.

We have three companies, with three completely different sets of inventory items. We created a warehouse for each of the three companies to help split the inventory items. All users have access to all three companies so I don’t think I can use a role defined on the Branch/Company for this. Is there a way to restrict visibility on certain items by company? Only when logged into said company, you have visibility to those items?

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved