Solved

Need Sales Order Type that Does Not Impact Inventory

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey All - appreciate any responses in advance.

I have a need to a create an order type that functions just like a standard sales order (e.g. I can add stock items, create shipments and pick tickets, etc.) but that DOES NOT impact inventory quantities. 

This is designed to provide a quick solution to situations where our warehouse staff short ships an item(s) on an order and prevents us from having to issue a credit memo on the original order and then create a new (“standard”) sales order for the quantity that was short shipped.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

icon

Best answer by kyoung14 9 February 2023, 14:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, 

Based on the scenario you describe, have you considered “Allow Negative Quantity” on the item class. Enabling this feature will allow Acumatica to ship even if you don’t have stock. 

This might help.

Hi, 

Based on the scenario you describe, have you considered “Allow Negative Quantity” on the item class. Enabling this feature will allow Acumatica to ship even if you don’t have stock. 

This might help.

Thanks for the suggestion @yhartman - this doesn’t actually accomplish what I need though. I need to prevent inventory from being impacted at all.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Unfortunately, I don’t think you can create an “order type” that accomplishes that. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We accomplish this in the following setup on order types.  Note automation behavior and AR Doc type.  We create sales orders using stock items yet with “No Update” on Inventory Transaction Type there is no inventory impact.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved