Solved

Maintaining User Profiles

• 20 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there any guidance on best practices for user profiles?  I have a number of users that are no longer with our company and we have disabled them.  I am wondering if there are any ramifications to deleting the user accounts to keep data cleaned up.  I’m thinking this is a twice a year type activity, run a report and any users that have been disabled since they are no longer employed, their user profile would be deleted.  Anyone have experience with something like this?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 20 October 2022, 18:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Laura Carpenter 

I have never found it successful to delete user accounts. If they have done anything in the system, it’s the same as an item that has been used. You can not delete it.  The only thing to do is disable them. 

Badge +16

Yes, I did have an experience once, and therefore I don’t recommend deleting users.  One client deleted users, and had errors appear in the “Created By” and “Last Updated By” fields where the deleted users’  login names used to appear.

This happened a couple years ago… and now I always use Disable User instead of Delete.

HTH

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21  and @laura01 Thank you both so much for your feedback.  It is great to hear others’ experiences of what not to do sometimes.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved