Solved

Local Tenant - Take Backup of Production and Deploy to Test

• 5 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

As a newcomer to the Acumatica environment, I'm currently navigating the process of transferring our locally hosted Acumatica Production data to our Test environment. The aim is to refresh the Test environment as part of our preparations for an upcoming upgrade. At present, the data in our Test environment is outdated, and we need to ensure that it aligns with the latest information from Production.

While we have customizations in place, I'm seeking a comprehensive, step-by-step guide that can walk me through the backup and deployment procedures. My goal is to gain a clear understanding of the necessary actions to successfully transfer and deploy a fresh copy of data from our Production environment to our Test environment.

Any guidance or insights into this process would be immensely appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 5 January 2024, 16:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @ngerst 

I would start here and learn about snapshots first:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(8))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=1c08a5ce-c9c0-4b36-904e-b2cbae9473ea

Go through:

• General Information
  • Export and Import
  • Custom Snapshot Configurations
  • Take, Restore and Delete a Snapshot

Then I would learn about publishing customization projects:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(8))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=501b6ecb-ee2d-4251-9bf8-dfc148a29df6

Go through:

• General Information
  • Publication to a mulitenant website
  • Publish projects

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved