Solved

List of Special Roles in User Security

• 17 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is there anywhere in the Help file or otherwise that provides a list of all the special roles in Acumatica? We’ve run across this issue when we create a new role for a specific job. We assign the user the correct access rights for the screen but some UI elements are tied to a special role so they still don’t show.

In our case it was being able to open / close Financial Periods-that function is tied to the Financial Supervisor role

Here is a list of special roles that I’ve come up with so far. I would love to have a complete list with explanations. I’m not sure on the ones with a question mark.

• The following roles in Acumatica are special roles that are tied to specific functionality
    • AcumaticaSupport:
      • Role for Acumatica Support. Access similar to Administrator except for User Management, Security Settings and Access Management.
    • Administrator:
      • System Administrator. Gives access to every area of Acumatica
    • Anonymous:
      • No access- think this may be used in API calls for the initial connection?
    • BusinessDateOverride:
      • This enables the user the change the business date when entering a new transaction using the date selector on the header
    • Customizer:
      • Allows a user to publish a customization
    • DashboardDesigner
      • Enables the Design button on a dashboard
    • Data Privacy Controller
      • Access to GDPR Compliance Tools
    • Field-Level Audit
      • Access to the Audit feature under Tools on a transaction screen
    • Financial Supervisor
      • Access to open and close periods
    • Guest?
      • External Guest Role
    • Internal Employee
      • Personal settings, and Help
    • ODatav4 User
      • Access to data exposed via OData v4
    • Portal Admin?
      • Access to portal configuration
    • Portal User?
      • Portal user
    • ReportDesigner
      • Allows the user to edit reports
    • Wiki Admin?
    • Wiki Author?
icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 17 February 2022, 20:06

View original

5 replies

Have you or anyone you know of created a “custom” financial role where it gives everything the Financial Supervisor role offers without the Locking/Unlocking of a Period?

I have checked with ACU directly and my internal team and so far I am not successful with a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Freeman Helmuth fixed the marked answer :grinning:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Accidentally marked my reply as the answer-don’t know how to undo that.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks! I was in that area of the help file and never saw that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Freeman Helmuth  

I got this from the Help Portal and I believe it is more along what you are looking for :

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(19))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=cdd2ae45-630a-4fae-9d7f-3dac7db2c297

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved