Solved

Is there a Timeline for 2023R1 official release?

• 22 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I found an article pointing to February 2 release, which I dont think is accurate.  I have already installed the Previews/Betas. Just looking for the timeline on the official release.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 22 February 2023, 14:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mgifford5 

According to the Keynote at the Summit, the Beta release was February 2, 2023 and the General Availability will be April 2023. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Here is the slide from the Summit. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Kandy, I wasn’t sure if the keynote/Summit mentions were “official” or not - sounds like its probably as official as it will get.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks Kandy, I wasn’t sure if the keynote/Summit mentions were “official” or not - sounds like its probably as official as it will get.

That’s usually as close as it gets unless something else comes out. 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just installed 2023 R1 and trying to figure out how to enable the new user interface powered by .NetCore that was shown at the Summit, I read it needs to be configured in web.config or someplace to enable new user interface on Sales order screen, any insight on this would help us to evaluate and experience the wow factor we felt at the summit. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi hsarjapur,

You have to enable the switching in web.config by setting up this key:

<add key="EnableSiteMapSwitchUI" value="True" />

This will enable the UI column in the site map you would set the value to Modern for the screen you want.

It wont allow you to set this for screens that arent “enabled” yet for the new UI.

Also, keep in mind that for 23r1 it is not supported to use the new UI in production.

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 4
Badge

Awesome Mike, exactly what I needed. This is only for testing and hope none of our clients want to jump ship and we discourage upgrading to R1 and wait till R2.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi hsarjapur,

You have to enable the switching in web.config by setting up this key:

<add key="EnableSiteMapSwitchUI" value="True" />

This will enable the UI column in the site map you would set the value to Modern for the screen you want.

It wont allow you to set this for screens that arent “enabled” yet for the new UI.

Also, keep in mind that for 23r1 it is not supported to use the new UI in production.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the info, is there a post anywhere advising when this will likely be released “officially” and supported in production?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved