Solved

Installation TBS - Login Failed

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I followed the S100 video to set up a trial version to do some testing of Acumatica, but when I try to launch the instance, I get a login failed screen. I looked around and couldn’t find any TBS info on this topic. Just wondering if theres something simple i’m overlooking. I copied the server error below. 

Server Error in '/AcumaticaERP' Application.

Login failed for user ‘XXX$'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user ‘XXX$'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'XXX$'.]

PX.Data.PXDatabase.get_Provider() +861

PX.Web.Startup.GetInstallationPrefix() +44

PX.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) +241

PX.Data.DependencyInjection.LoggingStartupWrapper.PX.Hosting.IStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) +180

PX.Hosting.HostBuilder.CreateServiceProvider(HostBuilderContext hostBuilderContext, IEnumerable`1 configureServicesActions, Func`2 providerFactory, IEnumerable`1 configureContainerActions) +435

PX.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build() +146

PX.Data.DependencyInjection.CompositionRoot.CreateContainer(Configuration configuration) +795

PX.Web.PXApplication.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +119

[HttpException (0x80004005): Login failed for user 'XXX$'.]

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +517

System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +185

System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +168

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +277

System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +369

[HttpException (0x80004005): Login failed for user ‘XXX$'.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +719

icon

Best answer by pallikasharma11 27 October 2023, 21:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @sampson 

I see an old community post where the error was resolved by fixing database sever login for the IIS anonymous user:

Thank you for your reply. Are there any help discussions or videos that review settings in IIS to help to connect to Acumatica? I’m not really sure how to enter in login info for users and databases. I’m wondering if this issue has to do with the connection strings in IIS and how to set up IIS correctly.

thanks, Sam

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @sampson - you might check out the educational resources at: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved