Individual or Generic Email

• 3 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I am looking to find best practices for using email addresses when setting  up email for the first time.  Does everyone use their own email, or do you use a generic company email address?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @suegarland79 ,

For the testing purpose, we can use our own email and verify that everything is working fine.

But, when comes to the project and sending emails to the clients then it's recommended to have a generic email.

Best Regards,

Naveen B

Hi @naveenb74, and thanks for your reply.  Could you tell me why it is recommended to use the generic email?  Does it have to do with the type of company you have?  I could see using a more generic email if the actual sender doesn’t matter that much (like Amazon sending you notification that your order has shipped), but if a specific person is doing a lot of work with a customer and has a number of back and forth emails, I can’t see generic emails being preferred.

Thanks

Sue

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @suegarland79,

I’m referring to the “System Email Accounts” screen, where we can configure a generic company Email ID to trigger the default Acumatica emails.  Please find the screenshot for reference.

I’m NOT sure about the below comment.

but if a specific person is doing a lot of work with a customer and has a number of back and forth emails.

Best Regards,

Naveen B

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved