Solved

How to use Shared Column Configuration?

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I have been trying to work on Shared Column Configuration, but it is not getting applied. Kindly let me know if i am following the correct steps:

Setting up the list of the columns, to be displayed, using Column Configurator → Selecting Shared Column Configuration.

I am looking to hide the Currency field for all the users except for admin. And there would be some other fields too that will be made visible/invisible on regular basis.

Moving them  to the list of Available columns:

Selecting the table under Shared Column Configuration:

And at last selecting the users for whom the columns shouldn’t be displayed:

And clicking on Finish.

The columns are getting invisible but after logging into the bernia’s account, I am able to change my columns:

How can I restrict the user to not be able to add it again.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by dcomerford 9 February 2024, 12:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You need to change the access rights on the filter screen under Hidden to ensure that only users whose role you want to allow creating/editing Shared filters are set to delete and all others are set to Not Set

big-image.png

On the filter screen they wont be able to select the Shared and if they select a Shared filter they wont be able to save or remove it. They can still add their own filters.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @dcomerford ,

can you please reshare the image? It seems broken to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved