Skip to main content
Solved

How to create employee with old(deleted)Employee ID

• 30 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Can an employee record that was deleted be recovered?  I deleted employee (0000709) because there was a duplicate.  But I actually need to use id 0000709 for an employee.  However, if I try to set an employee ID to 0000709 now it gives the following error.  I figured if I could recover the deleted record, then I can simply update the other information for that record.  What's the work around here?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gowrishankarsaravanakumar33 

We dont have the option to recover the deleted Employee.

The used ID cannot be used again since the record is deleted with the same ID.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @gowrishankarsaravanakumar33 

This might be possible via a script and be billable. Kindly open a support case for the same.

Badge +12

Hello @gowrishankarsaravanakumar33 

This might be possible via a script and be billable. Kindly open a support case for the same.

Business Accounts can be recovered by setting the DeletedDatabaseRecord flag from 0 to 1. What else may have been deleted in the process would be the question. But if the objective is simply to recover the account, this seems doable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @gowrishankarsaravanakumar33 

Check this thread. This approach should let you use deleted entity ID.

https://community.acumatica.com/maintenance-and-troubleshooting-229/how-to-resolve-the-another-process-has-added-the-entity-record-your-changes-will-be-lost-error-on-a-user-s-attempt-to-change-a-record-id-237?tid=237&fid=229

Hope this helps

Regards,​​​​​​​