Solved

How do you auto populate a vendor ID number when creating a new vendor?

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are looking to have the vendor ID auto populate with a strictly sequential numerical code.  Is this possible?  Would not need and letters in the ID, strictly numerical classification as we create a new vendor.  We are just now setting up the system and have not gone live yet.  Currently, we have been unable to make this happen.

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 8 March 2023, 21:29

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @tfarwell11 

You do not need to have letters in the ID. It can be strictly numbers. 

You will need to ensure that you have set up the segment keys to AutoNumber for the VendorID

You will also want to make sure that Manual Numbering is turned off on the Numbering Sequence. 

Here is also the help documentation on how to set that up:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(28))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=f56166d3-7509-4572-b83c-1a7ca3b3f6d0

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 that worked!  Another team member set that up and I didn’t even think to check.  THANK YOU!

Badge +16

Hello ,

In configuration  → Segmented keys we can define an auto-numbered Vendor ID.

We create an Automatic Numbering Sequence in Numbering Sequences screen, and link the two, like this:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the information!  We attempted that earlier but wasn’t seeming to solve the problem.  I will go back and attempt again.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am receiving the following error on the Numbering ID when selecting “auto numbering”

“Numbering ID cannot be used with '1' segment: Ensure the segment's length matches the length of the numbering.”

Userlevel 3
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tfarwell11 hi! i noticed that the length specified on the numbering sequence is 10 characters:

can you check to see if values on the numbering sequence screens are also 10 characters:

Thanks,

iqra

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 looks like 13

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tfarwell11 can you reduce the characters on the numbering sequence down to 10 characters and try to check “auto number” after

an easy way to do it is to delete the existing numbering sequence line and readd it using 10 characters or less and this should also populate the other fields for you

start number: 0000000001

let me know if that works!

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tfarwell11 you are welcome! glad i could help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks for the information!  We attempted that earlier but wasn’t seeming to solve the problem.  I will go back and attempt again.

If you can share screenshots of your current setup, that may help also. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am receiving the following error on the Numbering ID when selecting “auto numbering”

“Numbering ID cannot be used with '1' segment: Ensure the segment's length matches the length of the numbering.”

Hi @tfarwell11 

Can you share the setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @tfarwell11 

What is the Numbering sequence set up? Click the pencil next to VENDOR and share that:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @tfarwell11 

Along with what @iqraharrison48 said, check the length of the Segemented Keys against the actual number that is in the Numbering Sequences. 

Also, look at the Edit Mask, you could make that Numeric

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved