Question

Hiding Approve Commands under Time and Expenses-Approvals

• 20 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I have a client that wants to hide the Approve, Approve All, and Reject buttons at the top under Approvals. See print screen below. I went into security preferences and found the Approvals section but no additional options. I cannot find the option to do this. The Data Field is called EPApprovalProcess. Is this found somewhere else or can it even de done? Please let me know. Client is on 2023 R1.

Thanks,

Frances 

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello @fpantelidakis65 ,

It may be easier to provide the client a list of AP Bills that are Pending Approval status using a Filter on the AP Bills PL screen. In the example below we’ve added the name of the Approver, so we can see all bills that are waiting for approval, and by whom.  The Approver may still click on the bills here, and approve them inside the AP Bills screen.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Laura02 ,

Thanks Can you provide me with an export of the GI you mentioned above? That would be great.

Thank you,

Frances

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You could also look at revoking access to the buttons on a role by role basis.

This post has some more information about doing the same thing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@fpantelidakis65 

1) open approvals screen

1. from top right under the tolls select Access Right. This will take you to the correct Access Right settings screen
  2. find any button you want to hide from the tree view on the left 
  3. from the right panel revoke access of any role or all roles as you wish
  4. sVe your changes

you all set. I have done the exact same thing.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. One thing that I noticed with 2023 R1 the Approvals section does not have a tree or selections to choose from anymore like Approve, Reject, and so on. It’s all or nothing. Is this correct? Let me know. 

Thanks,

Frances 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @fpantelidakis65 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @fpantelidakis65 ,

It may be easier to provide the client a list of AP Bills that are Pending Approval status using a Filter on the AP Bills PL screen. In the example below we’ve added the name of the Approver, so we can see all bills that are waiting for approval, and by whom.  The Approver may still click on the bills here, and approve them inside the AP Bills screen.

Laura

Hi @Laura02 

I would like to know how do you make the assigned approver ID visible in the generic inquiry of the bills and adjustments. I tried adding the “ApproverEmployee” table but it’s not showing.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved