Solved

Department Expense / Sub accounts

• 5 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Where do the accounts and sub accounts that you can assign under Departments screen [EP201500] come into play.  I can not find where you can override expenses with these accounts or where they even come into play.  Thank you

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 5 April 2022, 18:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alicia23 

These come into play of the expense account to be used for recording department related expenses such as things for Payables, like when you buy office supplies. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the reply.  That is what I thought but it doesn’t pull from the department it pulls either from the item in payables or employee assigned accounts/subaccounts not from the accounts setup in this screen.  And i can not find where it allows the override. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for the reply.  That is what I thought but it doesn’t pull from the department it pulls either from the item in payables or employee assigned accounts/subaccounts not from the accounts setup in this screen.  And i can not find where it allows the override. 

Correct, it will pull from how payables are set up such as Non Stock Items. You can change it on the Bill or PO as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

yes, but it doesn’t pull from the departments screen.  So i am having difficulty explaining the purpose of setting up expense accounts in the below screen:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yes, but it doesn’t pull from the departments screen.  So i am having difficulty explaining the purpose of setting up expense accounts in the below screen:

You do not need to set that up. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So the Department Accounts and SubAccounts do not get used anywhere.  I was hoping that the sub accounts would override the item settting.  Thanks for clarify the results that I was testing as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@alicia23 the only time I have seen a department used for any transaction is in fixed assets where you can designate department for your FA transactions 

Employees are also associated with departments so not sure if it can be used in Payroll/Service functional areas?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Janella,  Good point I do have a client using the subs from department to pull into their fixed assets. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved