Bug? Copy notes from SO to Shipment not functioning

• 31 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m in:

Acumatica 2022 R1
Build 22.107.0022

I have set the order type SO to copy over notes. I set a note on the Sales Order Header and I save. I now have a yellow box in the top right signifying I have a note. I create a shipment, there is no note on the shipment.

Is this a known bug? I need to get the notes to shuffle over so I can print them on Pick lists. Anyone know a fix or if I’m mis-using the copy feature under Order types?

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 31 January 2023, 20:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Michael Hansen 
The ability to copy header notes to the shipment was included on 2022R2.

On 2022R1 you only have the options of Copy Line Notes To Shipment. The Copy Notes checkbox is only used when the order is copied to an order of another type.

On 2022R2, Acumatica added the Copy Header Notes to Shipment checkbox.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ah... Shenanigans! Thanks for the answer Anacarina!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @Michael Hansen Hope you have checked this “Copy Notes” configuration in the Order Types screen. 

This configuration will be useful to copy the header notes when we do COPY the Order of this type to another Order Type but not with the Shipment.

Another Configuration: Copy Line Notes to Shipment

This configuration will be useful to copy Line Notes from Sales Order to Shipment but not the Header Notes.

We do not have a configuration to COPY header notes from SO to Shipment, because one Shipment may have multiple Orders. 

Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 5
Badge

The shipments in question here are 1:1 with SO’s, so I’ve just tied back to the SOOrder table to get the NoteText field. Thanks everyone!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved