Solved

Auto-fill address in ALL CAPS when using Address Lookup

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The USPS states: 

“Uppercase letters are preferred on all lines of the address block.”

For this (and various other internal reasons) we have made it a standard practice in our business to use ALL CAPS for all addresses in our system. We use a window envelope to mail invoices, so the customer address in Acumatica must be in ALL CAPS in order for that to happen. 

When we use Address Lookup, then select the address to autofill the fields, the address is not in ALL CAPS. Is there a way to change this? 

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 23 August 2023, 20:44

View original

4 replies

Badge +11

Perhaps a better solution would be to use the UCase() function in the required reports. This will convert a string to upper case no matter what format is entered into Acumatica.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I will explore this UCase() function. 

Badge +11

@reyortdor - Did you get this figured out?

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, I don’t have report edit capabilities myself. I passed on the information to the appropriate team member to try the UCase() function, but I haven’t heard back about it. I need to follow up. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved