Skip to main content
Solved

Adding and deleting service order types on a customer

• 26 September 2021
  • 6 replies

I have created numerous service order types for all of my customers but now I would like to delete of them for each customer I have. It would take too long to delete them one by one. How do we delete Service Order Types tied to a customer in one shot? Could it be done via an import scenario? Also, how do I add more than one service order type to a customer in one shot using an import scenario? I know how to add one type to all customers but how do you add 3 or 4 types to all customers at the same time?  How do I adjust my import scenario for this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @jvinski71    You wanted to delete/add below highlighted “Service Billing” tab details from Customers screen? Please confirm.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B ,Yes, I want to know how I can delete, for example in your screenshot above, the Service Order Types “INST” and “SUPP” for numerous customers at one time via an import scenario I assume.

Also, I would like to know how to add all 6 of the service order types in your screenshot above for numerous customers at the same time via an import scenario.

Thank you,

Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @jvinski71  I just worked on this import scenario and I can able to delete the Service Billing grid records successfully. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Excel File with 2 Service Order Types to delete
Import Scenario
2 Service Order Types deleted successfully
INST and APP records got deleted from screen

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Naveen B 

Thank you for the update. 2 questions:

1. why do you put =-2 for the line number in order to make the deletion happen and why is the row where the line number =-1 disactivated in your import scenarion?
  2. How do I add more than one Service Order Type to the customer at the same time using an import scenario?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @jvinski71  Please find the details below

1. why do you put =-2 for the line number in order to make the deletion happen and why is the row where the line number =-1 disactivated in your import scenarion?

Response:  The <LineNumber> command instructs Acumatica which line to select.  

• A value of "-1" (the default) instructs Acumatica to add a new line (inserting record).
  • A value of "-2" instructs Acumatica to delete a line 
  1. How do I add more than one Service Order Type to the customer at the same time using an import scenario?

Response:  Please find the import scenario for the adding the Service Order Types records for the Customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I suggest using custom key as below.  Without it the scenario will simply delete the first line and not the target line.