Access Rights for ability to delete a sales order line

• 8 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Access rights for the user are set as follows:

• Sales Order - Insert
  • Sales Order Line - Delete

But the “X” to delete a line is not present and I can’t locate the exact access right for that action when I drill into the sales order line rights.

icon

Best answer by rwhetsell77 8 November 2023, 20:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @rwhetsell77 

Have you looked on the Sales Order > Sales Order> Delete?

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI @rwhetsell77 

Have you looked on the Sales Order > Sales Order> Delete?

I have, they don’t want the user to be able to delete a sales order, but they want them to be able to delete a line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@rwhetsell77  

See this older post:

https://community.acumatica.com/configuration-and-installation-114/to-disable-delete-in-header-document-and-enable-delete-in-line-document-11815?tid=11815&fid=114

@ed.goodman  provides the steps to exactly what you are looking for. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@rwhetsell77  

See this older post:

https://community.acumatica.com/configuration-and-installation-114/to-disable-delete-in-header-document-and-enable-delete-in-line-document-11815?tid=11815&fid=114

@ed.goodman  provides the steps to exactly what you are looking for. 

The challenge here is finding the sales order line “delete” action. Even if I give them delete permission on the Sales Order and then revoke the delete action I still can’t find the line level action work with.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @rwhetsell77 ,

Try restricting the “Remove” Action under Sales Orders.

Honestly, that’s just a guess on my end, since giving access/restrictions at the line-level can be VERY tedious.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Appreciate folks jumping in here. I ended up backing up one level, allowing delete permission, then setting the underlying levels accordingly:

• Sales Orders > Sales Orders (Delete) > Sales Order (Insert) > Multiple Rights under that
  • Sales Orders > Sales Orders (Delete) > Sales Order Line (Delete) > Multiple Rights under that

The key was avoiding a nested permission that is LESS restrictive than its parent permission.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @rwhetsell77!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved