Solved

Unique SKU description

• 1 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone. Is there a way to sync SKUs with the same descriptions from Acumatica to the Bigcommerce?

icon

Best answer by smarenich 1 August 2022, 18:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@bernadeth58 could you please provide an example, I’m not sure what is going wrong on your side.

Acumatica BigCommerce connector will sync Description from Acumatica to BigCommerce

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @smarenich , here is the error happened when I sync Stock items.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@bernadeth58 unfortunately this is the limitation of BigCommere. BigCommerce does not allow to create products with the same name, even if you try this from the BigCommerce UI.

So I would recommend to change names here.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @smarenich 

unfortunately we have about 35,000 conflicts on this. As this is a common problem, is there any way to address this problem without naming all 35,000 items with a unique description?

For example, a lot of our products are a "valve" we don't want to have to go through and name them "valve 1", "valve 2", "valve 3" etc.

We also list a lot of products as "No Longer Available", so that if a customer does try to find that part, but the part is discontinued, they can then hopefully contact us to point them in the right direction for said part. These need to stay "No Longer Available" or something similar in the description(s)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@bernadeth58 Since BigCommerce has this limitation, there are not much I can offer you now.

Could you please check with BigCommerce support if they have any workaround for that?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved