• 27 February 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Jr Varsity III
  • 92 replies

Hey Folks,
Couldn’t find much on this, so wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts:

In template item creation, under the “matrix item” tab, it is picking up the “last cost” and it seems to push this to Shopify as the product cost even though the item has a ‘current’ cost defined under the Stock Item:

These particular items have a “Current Cost” but not a “Last Cost”: 

Do we happen to know why the Shopify Connector uses the Last Cost and not Current?  Are we supposed to be updating the cost to “last cost” routinely?

Cheers,

k2

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Our company does not use current cost. The availability of this data depends on your company’s chosen cost calculation method. We primarily use the average cost field, but last cost is used by everyone, so I image that is why they chose that field.

Have you tried to manually change which field to map to Shopify in the entities screen?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Our company does not use current cost. The availability of this data depends on your company’s chosen cost calculation method. We primarily use the average cost field, but last cost is used by everyone, so I image that is why they chose that field.

Have you tried to manually change which field to map to Shopify in the entities screen?

interesting theory.  I did look at the stock item entity mapping and there is no “Target” field for Cost, unless I’m missing something. 

We use standard costing, is there a way to sync last cost and current cost?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I took a look at the json on the Shopify product page, and cost was not an available field to populate even though that field is available in the UI on the product screen. Apparently the cost field is updated through inventory processing rather than the product processing which is why we can’t edit the cost field in entities under stock items which is connected to product processing.

I suppose we could create a product request to allow us to edit that data transfer? This would allow us to map the cost field of our choosing back to Shopify.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I took a look at the json on the Shopify product page, and cost was not an available field to populate even though that field is available in the UI on the product screen. Apparently the cost field is updated through inventory processing rather than the product processing which is why we can’t edit the cost field in entities under stock items which is connected to product processing.

I suppose we could create a product request to allow us to edit that data transfer? This would allow us to map the cost field of our choosing back to Shopify.

Thanks for taking a look!  We can also create Metafields and populate them, so I’ll look into seeing if we can use that avenue for an additional attribute...

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @K2a  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I opened a ticket with ACU working through it now. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Any progress on this? We need to populate Shopify variant cost so the Ecomm team can run their reports.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Any progress on this? We need to populate Shopify variant cost so the Ecomm team can run their reports.

Thanks!

ACU has it as “Development in Progress”….  

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was led to believe that it was not possible to push the cost to Shopify from Acumatica. Are we able to? Is there a how-to article someone can share or point me to the right screen/steps? Thanks! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lawsont and @K2a , which Acumatica version are you using?

Shopify doesn’t have a cost field in Product or Product variant API, the cost field is in the InventoryItem API only. We don’t use InventoryItem API in product entity, so you cannot push the cost to Shopify currently.

But if you want to implement it through a customization package, it’s possible to do that in 2023r2, I will write a How-to article later to introduce the steps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@simonliang91 We are on 23R1 planning to upgrade to R2 soon. I’d definitely be interested in that customization package and any steps you can provide. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@simonliang91 We are on 23R1 planning to upgrade to R2 soon. I’d definitely be interested in that customization package and any steps you can provide. Thanks!

We are also 23R1, but we typically upgrade 1x per year to the R1...so 24R1 will be our next upgrade.   Very interested in your your “how-to”!  

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge

@simonliang91 Please tag me on this customization/How To post when you post it. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@simonliang91 , @K2a , I think it is important to keep in mind that any of these 4 fields might be desirable as a source of data:

The first 2 are appropriate when STANDARD costing is used, while the bottom 2 are appropriate for Average, FIFO, and Specific costing methods.

So, @simonliang91 , if you’re thinking of exposing these values in the Entities screen, under the Product Availability object, it also makes sense to expose the costing method, so a formula could be built by a user as to which value to use, depending on the costing method for each inventory item.

In addition, it would be good to provide guidance on the non-stock items, since even though they are not part of the Product Availability sync, they also have a cost, and that cost can be complicated:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Yuri Karpenko , the customization package will base on Product entity only, when you export the product item to Shopify, the cost info will be exported as well. In the Product Availability entity, we don’t fetch the cost info from ERP.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@K2a , @Yuri Karpenko , @michael73 , @brendan91 , @freddydelrio39 , @lawsont , I posted a “How To” article for export cost to Shopify.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved