Solved

Recording an invoice

• 31 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

How to make the Subaccount of each line items in Client invoice automatic, based on the Project ID not based on the Customer’s.

When I am creating an invoice, then adding a line item in the details tab the sub account auto fills in from the customer’s GL account, so how do I make it autofill from the Project instead of the customer?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 31 August 2023, 11:36

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

The Acumatica Help for Invoices screen states that when manually adding a subaccount to an invoice, the subaccount defaults based on AR Preferences setting. I’m showing version 2022 R2 and in this version, we have no option in AR Preferences to default subaccount from the project directly to an AR invoice.  Work-Around: Add a Location to your customer representing each of their projects, with the Sales Subaccount on each project location being the project’s subaccount. 

You may also consider billing your projects from the projects module using Billing Rules.  Billing rules control the sales subaccount source for Project Invoices. Sales Subaccount configuration can be found in Billing Rules:

IN tandem with the above Billing Rules section, when Use Sales Account From is set to Project, Billing Rules will use the subacount on Defaults tab of Projects :

Additional  project subaccount defaults can be found in Projects Preferences screen:

Project Preferences → Default Subacounts Source

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Laura02🙏🏾 , I think this might help, let me give it a try

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved