Question

No Accrual account on PO Receipt lines with Service Line Type

• 29 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t know why when I release a PO receipt that has a line with a Service line type, the accrual account is missing as illustrated below;

10 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Does the Inventory ID shown above require receipts?  The Accrual Account is used only with items that require receipt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @lorach 

Does the Service item have an accrual account on the GL accounts tab?

Out of the box, if that is the case, it will carry to the PO receipt:

Do you have any customizations that may be removing the accrual account when the PO receipt is created?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, it requires a receipt.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @kandybeatty49

The item has the specified accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @lorach 

Was this a Purchase Return?

This is from the help:

The accrual account to record the item amount on the purchase receipt; used for stock items and non-stock items for which a receipt is required. If this purchase receipt is created for return, this account is empty.

Badge +18

Hello,

I recommend changing your item’s Expense account to an Expense account (versus Liability as shown # 2128).

Consider using Landed Cost features of Acumatica to accurately apply landed costs to your Stock Items and accurately post to the GL.

Below is a summary of the expected posting for Purchase Orders, Receipts, related AP Bills, and Landed Costs

We can see that the accounts are populated in  your screen shot, but we don’t know whether they were populated when the PO was issued, and we don’t know whether a user could have changed the defaults on the PO or PO Receipt.

Purchase Order

• Account/Sub on PO default to the Expense accrual account/sub from a NONSTOCK item.
  • Accrual Account/sub default to the PO Accrual Account from a NONSTOCK Item.
  • Account/Sub on PO default to blank for a STOCK item.
  • Accrual Account/sub default to the PO Accrual Account from a STOCK Item.
  • No GL ENTRY is produced by a Purchase Order.

Receipt

PO Receipt generates an Inventory batch:

• Stock Items debit INVENTORY asset.
  • Non-Stock items Debit Expense Accrual account from the item.
  • Both Credit PO Accrual.

AP Bill

• Debit to Purchasing Accrual account for stock and non-stock
  • Credit to Accounts Payable.

GL Entries from Landed Costs

1.  Vendor Prepayment (optional)
  • If Landed Costs are paid in advance of receiving an invoice for Landed Costs, Prepayment may be entered.
  • If Landed Costs are paid before goods are received and Containers are released (optional Container Management module), Prepayment may be entered.

Debit: Prepayment Account of Vendor

Credit:  Cash

1. Landed Cost Entry

Release of Landed Cost creates Inventory Adjustments batch. Inventory Adjustments batches:

Debit: Inventory Assets, for stock items on the PO whose Valuation Method is not Standard when Stock Items have not yet been sold.

DebitLanded Cost Variance COGS expense account, for stock items on the PO whose Valuation Method is not Standard when Stock Items have been sold prior to releasing LC.

Debit: Landed Cost Variance COGS expense account, for stock items on the PO whose Valuation Method is  Standard, whether or not the items have been sold prior to releasing LC Entry.

CreditLanded Cost Accrual Account.

1. Landed Cost Bill Entry
    1. With no Prepayment connected from step 1:

DebitLanded Cost Accrual Account

CreditAccounts Payable account from AP Bill Financial tab (from Vendor).

1. With Prepayment connected from Step 1:

Debit:  Landed Cost Accrual Account

Credit:  Prepayment account used in Step 1

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kandybeatty49 

It ain’t a return, though I had also already seen that in the help, maybe it has something to do with the customization as you had suggested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kandybeatty49

It ain’t a return, though I had also already seen that in the help, maybe it has something to do with the customization as you had suggested.

Usually customizations are the root cause. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @lorach were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett, Unfortunately I haven’t yet.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved