Skip to main content
Solved

Exporting Check Payments to Shopify

• 19 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Issue

I am unable to find a field in the ecommerce Sales Order export mapping that indicates that an order has been paid via check on a related invoice.

Background

We work with government agencies across the nation, allowing them to pay via Purchase Orders, where we invoice them at Net 30 terms.

We have set up a manual payment method on Shopify called 'Purchase Orders.' This method is configured in our e-commerce store settings in Acumatica but is not active. If we activate this manual payment method, orders will be marked as 'Paid' on Shopify, which can mislead some customers into thinking they owe nothing. This also adds a prepayment to the order, causing Acumatica to show all invoices as paid, resulting in no invoices being sent to customers. Consequently, we do not receive payment.

To pay these orders, most customers send in a check, which we then apply to invoices in Acumatica. This payment information is not exported to Shopify, so even after the order is paid, it still shows as 'Payment Due' on Shopify.

Troubleshooting

I’ve reviewed the export mapping and the SOOrder table and cannot find a field that clearly indicates an order has been fully paid on its related invoices.

I could not find a related question in the forums, nor could I find any relevant information in the V210 Shopify Commerce manual.

We need a way to export the status of fully paid orders so we can show customers their agency provided payment for their order, regardless of whether or not the balance was paid on the order or an invoice.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @andrewleusink:

When an order from ERP is exported to Shopify, we mark the orders with financial status = Paid.
This is due to limitations with the Shopify Rest API, because of which we can only create the financial status of an order at the time of first export only. Subsequently, we are not able to update this order status through Rest API.
Similarly, if the order was created on Shopify, the financial status gets created at the time of order creation and we would not be able to update the financial status through connector.

We will be looking into enhancing this behavior when we migrate to Graph ql.