Skip to main content
Solved

Does anybody know why when I map the Branch field in the order level the value doesnt change but in the detail level, it does?

• 11 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have been doing a lot of tests and I realized that when I map the Branch field at Order Level, the value is not changed but when I do it at the detail level, it does:

**the 2 lines within the mapping are just an example, I ran the tests with one of them only.

Does anybody found the same issue and a solution? 

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rodrigocid34 it makes sense. The order is not associated with a location directly. Instead, Shopify groups items into batches and assigns them to locations. Therefore, when you’re referencing Sales Order → Details, you have access to LocationID. But when you use Sales Order object, LocationID is not there, therefore your mapping doesn’t do what you need it to do.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@rodrigocid34 it makes sense. The order is not associated with a location directly. Instead, Shopify groups items into batches and assigns them to locations. Therefore, when you’re referencing Sales Order → Details, you have access to LocationID. But when you use Sales Order object, LocationID is not there, therefore your mapping doesn’t do what you need it to do.

Thank you Yuri, I understand. I tried using Shopify tags but it didn’t work neither. the problem could be  the object in Acumatica (Sales Order, Branch)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rodrigocid34 , did you try Sales Order → Financial Settings:

instead of Sales Order object? With tags, for example.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Now appears a new error( an odd one):

Cannot generate the next number for the SPORDER sequence.()1

but it doesn’t appear when I use the same formula mapping sales order → details. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s because when you use details, you don’t change the branch of the order - you simply change the branch on each line.

But when it works (which it appears, now it does :)), this error is thrown. This error simply means that in your other branch, you don’t have auto numbering set for SPORDER numbering sequence. Go to Numbering Sequences screen, and add a line for your other branch for SPORDER sequence.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yuri, a feedback after configuration:

1. I tried with tags but if there are more than one tag assigned to the order in shopify, “catch and submit” the correct value is complicated
  2. I went back to use locations but i have to force the insertion of the value in two fields in Acumatica, in the SO header and in the lines:

With this configuration I was able to separate branches based on locationsId(shopify).

Thank you for your guidance, it was very helpful.