Solved

Unable to save native report - Encounter error "Updating the 'UserReport' record failed because data in some field is too long

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I modified a report but unable to save it to server. I can preview it but when I try to save to server, I get the following not helpful error.  It does not tell me which field is too long.  The report is AR641000. I was able to save the report but after some changes, it started showing the error.  The error doesn’t tell me which field is causing the error.

Anyone know how to narrow down the issue and resolve it?

Report designer version is 2021.115

Mark

icon

Best answer by mwong11 14 September 2022, 00:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mwong11 For this issue if you load the report directly from the tenant you wish to save the changes to, does it work? Or is it just this one tenant which can't have the report updated?

Is the version of Report Designer being used the same version or higher/lower than the instance being accessed?

Are you using any customizations running for the fields being used in the report or using custom fields in the report?

You can click File > Save As… and generated a .RPX file and attach that to the post so we can check it if the above doesn’t help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mwong11 ,

I've sometimes seen errors related to the length of the report version name.  I'm not sure of the exact limit.  If you used a version name try making it shorter and see if that makes a difference.

Laura 

Userlevel 2

My teammate just resolved this for me. 

The issue is if the Version Description is too long, it causes that error

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mwong11 Good work! Looks like the answer was actually at the bottom of the trace message, which was cut off in the original post:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community @mwong11 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved