Solved

SOLine.NoteText not printing

• 6 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey all,

I’m working on the Production Ticket with Barcode report. I have added SOLine.NoteText but it is showing up empty despite the note on the line item having text in it. Any solutions?

icon

Best answer by aborisova37 7 December 2022, 17:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15! I’m not familiar with seeing SOLine.NoteText, at least it’s not in my 22 R1 Sales Demo data, but you can get the notes by joining SOLine to Note table on NoteID = NoteID.

Then display the Note.NoteText field in the results and you’ll see the notes from SOLine.

Edit: Actually I see you are working in Report Designer, I do see it in Report Designer, it might help to display how you are linking to SOLine?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15! I’m not familiar with seeing SOLine.NoteText, at least it’s not in my 22 R1 Sales Demo data, but you can get the notes by joining SOLine to Note table on NoteID = NoteID.

Then display the Note.NoteText field in the results and you’ll see the notes from SOLine.

Edit: Actually I see you are working in Report Designer, I do see it in Report Designer, it might help to display how you are linking to SOLine?

@BenjaminCrisman This is how it is currently linked. The report is able to print, but the SOLine.NoteText doesn’t print anything- just emptiness.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15 ,

you need to link the two tables (SOLine and Note) by the NoteID fields in the Schema Builder as @BenjaminCrisman suggested.

The trick here will be to change the field in the report results. Instead of  SOLine.NoteText, make it Note.NoteText.

That should make the notes appear in your report.

Anna

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15 ,

you need to link the two tables (SOLine and Note) by the NoteID fields in the Schema Builder as @BenjaminCrisman suggested.

The trick here will be to change the field in the report results. Instead of  SOLine.NoteText, make it Note.NoteText.

That should make the notes appear in your report.

Anna

I’ve linked the tables as shown here but it still does not print. I also changed the text box to Note.NoteText. 

@aborisova37 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@ALEXSLUSSER15 try removing the first line where you link your tables by Note.Text.

Leave only the second condition.

If that won’t work - make sure your SOLine table is properly linked. You can share a copy of your report here; I’ll take a look :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here it is. @aborisova37 

@ALEXSLUSSER15 try removing the first line where you link your tables by Note.Text.

If that won’t work - make sure your SOLine table is properly linked. You can share a copy of your report here; I’ll take a look :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I changed the join type from left to inner, and it’s now printing… something? I have no idea why its printing what it is, as it is not the correct notes. I have no idea where it’s pulling this information from. @aborisova37 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@ALEXSLUSSER15 the issue was caused by these two relationships:

Once they got corrected, the Line Note appeared on the form. See attached an updated report.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 the issue was caused by these two relationships:

Once they got corrected, the Line Note appeared on the form. See attached an updated report.

Thank you! This solved it. Much appreciated. @aborisova37 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved