Solved

Restricting Reports by the Logged in User

• 24 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a report that I want to restrict users to access only based on the user that is logged in.  The report will contain payroll information and I only want the employee that is logged in to be able to access their information.  I’m looking for a similar function to the Pay Stubs screen (PR405000) that comes out of the box.  Is there anyway to use a filter in the report or a parameter in a GI to restrict the user to only see their information?

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 24 October 2022, 18:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura Carpenter! There is a knowledgebase article on this process:

You may need to adjust some filters to make sure the employee for which the data displays matches the parameter collected for the logged in user.

You can also check the Pay Stub report to see how the user parameter is collected there

Userlevel 4
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman Thanks for your help.  It pointed me in the right direction.  I also created a GI to use for employee access rather than requiring them to run the report themselves.  It mimics the My Payroll Documents and it opens my custom report based on the reference number. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved