Solved

Report in Generic Inquiries?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello and good Saturday everyone!

I am wondering if it is possible to hang a “print report” action inside a generic inquiry?
I noticed that you can export a GI to the Report Designer and build a report there, that you could upload back to acumatica and create a sitemap entry. But is there a way, like it is in normal screens, that i can hang a action to print the report inside of the inquiry?

Greetings

icon

Best answer by Nayan Mansinha 18 March 2022, 23:01

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jwestermann17  Assuming that you wanted to enable the action and print-related document report?

If yes, we can enable the “Enable Mass Actions on Records” in the Entry Point tab, and as soon you select this checkbox a new tab will be shown i.e. Mass Actions, and in this tab, we can select the action. 

I have created a simple GI for the SOOrder table, and I have added “Print Sales Orders” at the Mass Actions tab. Please find the details below.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Naveen B,

this seems to go into the right direction, but i can’t find the Action i need inside of the Mass-Transaction Window.

Is there anything i specifically need to do before hand, so that i can select a custom made Report inside of that list? Our Entry-Screen is the Purchase Receipt.

I assume the Action you presented would print all lines seperately and there is no way to select two or more rows to combine them into one Report? 

Greetings

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @jwestermann17   Mass Action tab will display only the Actions from the Entry Screen, that you have selected under the Entry Point tab.

We cannot perform other than these actions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jwestermann17 ! For this issue you’ll want to think of the report being ran and what kind of parameters it will accept, in this case the Purchase Receipt report will only accept printing one receipt at a time, so only one line is possible.

To accomplish what you’re looking for you would need to modify the report to be able to run a range of receipts while still maintaining the look you’re going for (either multiple receipts or joining lines into one document).

Then once you have the report set you can try adding this to the Actions menu on the Purchase Receipt screen, then add the Mass Action to the GI and see if this can work.

This would be the only way to get the desired result of using a GI to print multiple receipts

Let me know if this helps,

thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Then once you have the report set you can try adding this to the Actions menu on the Purchase Receipt screen, then add the Mass Action to the GI and see if this can work.

Hello Benjamin, 
i am unsure about how i am able to get the Action to show into the “Mass Actions” tab on the GI.
I tried to create a Action within the Customization Project Editor with a Run Report Type, but i can’t find this action within the GI, although i did use the correct entry screen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jwestermann17 , 

I was recommending to add the action of printing the report which can work with a range of receipts being added to the Actions menu of the screen it appears on, then checking the Mass Actions of the GI for this option to print.

The Mass Actions uses the Actions which appear on the screen it is acting as primary list of, so in order to see it in the options of the GI it would need to first be added the available drop-down of Actions on the entry screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hej @BenjaminCrisman 

This is actually exactly what I tried. I added the "run report" action to the Purchase Receipts Screen, so it is available in the drop-down of the entry screen. As I can select this action on the entry screen, I believe I have done it right. But in the generic inquiry mass-action tab it won't show, therefore I can't select it. That's where I am right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jwestermann17  I’m not sure how you added the report actions,  Hope you added through the Workflow Automations, please confirm.

As said by Benjamin, yes, once added the report actions to the PO Receipts screen, those actions will shown in the Mass Actions tab, 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jwestermann17  I’m not sure how you added the report actions,  Hope you added through the Workflow Automations, please confirm.

Hi @Naveen B 
I did it like described here under “Using Workflow Engine”.

Is this what you meant? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Naveen Boga 

Anything new regards this topic?
Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jwestermann17 There might be an additional designation to the action needed which marks it as available for Mass Actions, but I’m not certain I know what it is.

Maybe if we have a developer advise on how to make sure the new Action is Mass Action ready

@Hughes Beausejour or @nmansinha, any idea for how to accomplish this ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Hughes Beausejour or @nmansinha, any idea for how to accomplish this ?

To make an Action mass action ready, one must code it to handle selected documents. e.g.

public PXAction<POReceipt> MassActionReady;
[PXUIField(DisplayName = "Mass action ready Action")]
[PXButton]
public IEnumerable massActionReady(PXAdapter a)
{
// list will contain selected records
List<POReceipt> list = a.Get<POReceipt>().ToList();
// do your thing with this list
return a.Get();
}

Now this action can be configured in Processing screens. The way processing screen works, it calls the action once by passing the selected records.  However, the way GI works, it calls the action multiple times, once for each selected record. 

Now, for what you are looking to do, which is printing multiple PRs does not work because it opens a new screen to display the report the first time GI calls it, interrupting the flow of GI. So, you end up seeing only one document in the report.

Thus in short, it is not possible to have such mass actions work as intended from GI. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved