Solved

Report Designer Question: Incorrect Quantities are being Displayed

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

We are using a report named Monthly Inventory Balance - that will display the customer’s monthly inventory balance. Currently, it is displaying incorrect values. 

We are using a formula to calculate beginning and end qty: 

(Base Item Volume * Qty * Inventory Multiplier). In this scenario, the expected result should be 

Inventory ID Beginning Qty End Qty
CBAL 1.968 1.968
CBAL -1.968 -1.968

However, the numbers showing up on the report are not accurate. There are variables that referencing the formulas above in addition to grouping. We tried ungrouping and removing the variables but the values still don’t seem right. 

Variables

The joins below are pretty straight forward too 

I am attaching a copy of the report below. Can you please suggest what I am missing here?

@lauraj46, do you have any recommendations? thank you again!

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 22 November 2023, 04:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kanupindi ,

One issue that I see here is with the Format property on several of the fields.  You need the .Format after the field name, otherwise the report designer will not print the value properly.

Additionally, I see that you are assigning the ending balance to the starting balance in the group3 header.  Is this what you intended, given that the groupings may be for different inventory ids?  I don’t think the logic here is quite right.  It might be easier to debug when the number print correctly :).   A good way to debug is to temporarilty display the fields that are used in the calculations onto the report.

Hope this helps!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved