Solved

Parent and child fields to link service orders and AR invoices

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am creating a generic inquiry where i would like to join the ARInvoice table to the FSServiceOrder table. This is so i can refence the docdate of the Invoice. What are the Parent and child fields to link service orders and AR invoices table?

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 16 February 2024, 22:15

View original

3 replies

Badge +11

I don’t have much experience with the Service module, but from a bit of investigation, it looks like Invoices would show up under ‘Billing Documents’ on Appointments. These documents come from the FSBillHistory table, which can be joined to FSServiceOrder like:

FSServiceOrder.SrvOrdTypeFSBillHistory.SrvOrdType and 

FSServiceOrder.RefNbrFSBillHistory.ServiceOrderRefNbr.

Then, to join the FSBillHistory table to ARInvoice:

FSBillHistory.ChildDocTypeARInvoice.DocType and 

FSBillHistory.ChildRefNbrARInvoice.RefNbr

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your response. I will try it and keep you posted. Do you know what would be a good resource to get a better understanding of table relationships in Acumatica or an in-depth guide on generic inquires?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @lewisad ,

To get a better understanding of the DAC/Table relationships, you can use the Merged DAC Relations (SM402000) screen and DAC Schema Browser.

In addition, you can follow the S130 Data Retrieval and Analysis course at Acumatica University.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved