Solved

Modified Check does not show modified check

• 16 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes the modified check is selected as active.  

what I DID: 

under payment methods I have selected check

Then under settings for use in AP I selected the AP641000 Check Form with Remittance.  

Under the AP menu I select Check Form with Remittance and click on the Edit Report and did some minor changes. Just moving fields on the check itself.  I saved the report as new version check box and made sure it is actived. 

Then I go to Process Payments / Print Checks

select Checks, enter the account and next check number 

click on process and the check generated looks like the check unmodified. 

Are my assumptions correct, that selecting AP641000 under payment methods for Check will make the system use the latest modification under Check form with remittance (the one I selected) 

or am I missing something here????

Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by edwardmcgovern97 16 June 2022, 19:37

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Your steps look correct.

Modifying the AP check can be tricky.  I have moved fields before in the designer… only to have them print in the exact same place on the next try.

Our company’s report writing expert told me this:

• Remember, the check has two subgroups, one with remittance and once without remittance.
  • Open both groups in the check form -  maybe you moved fields on only one and the sample check is printing from the other.

I hope this helps you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Laura, 

You rock.  

Your first point made me drill down into all the groups, there are like 6 different layouts for the check depending on where the data is grouped.  The group that defaulted to being expanded is only one i changed.  ( i was moving the pay to and amount (name) fields) 

Userlevel 3
Badge

My situation is simiar to edward’s scenario. I took the information off of the check and only made modifications on one part of the check because my client isn’t going to have any other options. I actually removed the versions of the check and took off the visible formulas, made all sections not visible, made the size zero of those other grids. The client will not have more than 5 invoices on a check at a time. I had to remove several fields as well because the client did not want them on the check.  I make modifications by moving fields up and when my client prints it and sends it back it looks the same, but I know that is the modified one. I check on the report versions and usually remove the other ones I have created that did not work. I always save as new version. I had the client export to PDF and open in Adobe and run the report and the changes are there. You should not have to do that. It should be the same no matter if you are opening it in Adobe or Acumatica. Why am I having these issues? It sounds like a margin error to me or something wrong with report designer. I already have a case with Acumatica on report designer because it prints different in PDF then the Acumatica screen. The Acumatica screen shows the lines in the invoice do not line up, but in PDF they do. Something is wrong with report designer. They need to get a better report writer for this software. 

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved