Solved

Input Data in a GI

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I wonder if there is an option to have column in a GI to enter data on the GI itself and than we can use an import scenario to update data entry forms in Acumatica.

Please let me know, Thank you

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 16 February 2024, 19:55

View original

3 replies

Badge +11

Generic Inquiries are, by design, readonly. You could attach a side panel which would allow you to enter data and save.

The only way to allow changes to be made to a GI-looking screen would be to build a custom screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I wonder if there is an option to have column in a GI to enter data on the GI itself and than we can use an import scenario to update data entry forms in Acumatica.

Please let me know, Thank you

Daryl’s right.  There are options to mass update fields if you’re planning on giving multiple items the same values though.

You can also use a GI as a source of data for an import scenario to update other fields somewhere else in the system if you want to map them out.  Or use a side panel to select a line, then have the editable screen right there to modify the information.  

But to edit an inquiry you should first consider what an inquiry is.  You’re querying a database for information.  The GI shows you the results of that query.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Pinny You could create a data provider that looks at the generic inquiry as the data source. Probably not the cleanest solution but it is easy to do. As mentioned in the previous comments, side panels and mass update can also get the job done.

This is how I did it:

Here I have added two blank fields to the stock item primary list:

Here is the data provider:

I then build the import scenario to update the item description:

When you go to import by scenario, you will be able to populate values into these empty fields, save it and then import them:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved