Solved

how to parse a multi-selector field to get descriptions for each field part

• 17 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, We have a field that allows for multiple codes to be selected. These codes are attached to descriptions in a table. There can be up to 20 codes in the field and the codes have differing lengths.

The field ends up looking like COC; DC & CT; First Article Samples 

My task is to have the descriptions associated with each segment print on the PO form. 

I am unsure of how to process the field to get the descriptions. or how to do the join to the table that has the description. 

Any assistance will be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 4 October 2021, 17:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wfilipiak67 ! For this issue it might help to see screenshots of the issue you’re experiencing as when I add a Multi Select Combo type attribute to a screen and display the results on the associated printed form, it displays as expected.

Here is the attribute I created with simple Value and Description:

From here I added this to the AR Invoice screen:

Then when I call this field into the printed form, I see these descriptions:

Is there a different description you’re looking to display?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@BenjaminCrisman , using an attribute is a neat trick.
The issue was that the field & tables are custom in the PO entry, They can select a variety of codes. the codes end up in the custom field.

The field looks like: COC; DC ; CT

so i needed to get each piece of the field to access the table to get the descriptions.  

We had one of our developers create a field to store the descriptions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@wfilipiak67 That makes sense! Custom fields/tables would require this to be added in as well. Glad you guys were able to get this taken care of.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved