Solved

How to email a GI result in Excel format like the way rpx report can do?

• 18 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello, 

I have a requirement to send a report to vendor in excel format using Email.
I know this can be done by report designer and “report template”. But, right now, this report is simply wrote in GI. So I am asking is there a way to directly prepare this excel report and send by email.

I also know a way to prepare the excel report in automation by using export scenario, however, in this way, It seems I can just upload this prepared file using SFTP or FTP, while our vendor insisted receiving the report by email. 
     So can anybody help me?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 18 May 2021, 17:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ray20,

There’s no way to do that from Acumatica with a Generic Inquiry. The following options are available:

• Convert the GI to a report (it’s easier than before, with the Actions->Export as Report option available in newer versions of Acumatica)
  • Do it with a customization
  • Use a solution like Velixo, with the =GI() function and the Distribution List functionality you are able to send a Generic Inquiry by e-mail
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

One additional idea on this. You could connect Excel to Acumatica using OData and schedule the Excel file to automatically refresh and distribute via email using Power Update (click here).

Userlevel 3
Badge

I added a solution for this to this conversation using scheduled export scenario and a business event.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@gprice27  Thank you for your sharing. I could help me to solve some cases.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved