Solved

How to automate scheduled email for custom Generic Inquiry

• 23 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a custom Generic Inquiry that I need emailed weekly to each salesperson. The GI needs to be filtered by salesperson and emailed this report weekly to that salesperson.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 23 August 2023, 18:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @dkirk 

Have you set up a business event for this?

What are the steps to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Here are the references:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(3))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d83a15de-e962-4b94-9f5f-51f501a96b47

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=85c42962-1673-41f7-a895-5ec94b1467ca

Creation of a Business Event from a Generic Inquiry Form

You click Tools > Business Events (see the following screenshot) on the form title bar of any generic inquiry form to view any existing business events based on the generic inquiry being viewed and to create new business events.

Also, if the generic inquiry has shared filters saved as tabs, when you create a business event from the generic inquiry, the system considers the active shared filter (that is, the filter tab you were viewing, which in the following screenshot is Open Invoices).

The '''Tools'''> '''Business Events''' command being clicked for the active shared filterThe '''Tools''' > '''Business Events''' command being clicked for the active shared filter

When you click Tools > Business Events, the system opens the Business Events dialog box, which lists any business events based on the generic inquiry. To create a new business event, on the toolbar of the dialog box, you click Create Business Event on the toolbar of the dialog box. The system opens the Create Business Event dialog box, where you enter a name for the new business event and click OK (see the following screenshot).

Entry of the name for the new business eventEntry of the name for the new business event

The system opens the Business Events (SM302050) form with the name you had entered in the Event ID box, and with the Screen Name and Screen ID boxes populated with the values of the generic inquiry for which the business event has been created. Also, if the generic inquiry had shared filters saved as tabs, the Shared Filter to Apply box is populated with the shared filter that was active when you created the event (see the following screenshot, in which Open Invoices has been inserted into this box).

The system-populated settings for the new business eventThe system-populated settings for the new business event

You may now proceed to configuring the business event.                   

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have created business event on invoices. but I want to send invoice directly to  my client  after this business event triggered.. How can i do this? any recommendations?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved